Libellés

dimanche 22 septembre 2013

My epiphany: why and how it all started

    Hi guys! So as I promised yesterday here's the first chapter of my story. 

    I'm not the kind of person who's always been overweight. I was very sporty and thin as a child and during my teenage years. It all changed during a year spent as an Erasmus student in England which felt to me like that:
but I somehow have the impression that it was more like that:
    
So one party after another and one burger or pizza -you need these more than drugs when you're drunk it's actually unbelievable!- leading to another I came back home with at least five added kilos (no no, I'm not talking about my luggage here...)

    Then, there was the usual first diet in your life which for me happened to be a very extreme, very bad and unhealthy diet thanks to which I lost five kilos I gained ten kilos. Add to this already wonderful picture a bad and very painful breakup and you get something like this:
  
  But rest assured, it all changed some chilly day at the end of January 2013 thanks to a teeny tiny little thing called MY EGO. I have never been a very confident person neither do I have a huge ego but I'm very thankful to this day for the small yet existing one that I have because it saved me from obesity -let's face it that's where I was heading. What happened is quite silly and will probably make you laugh but there you go: one day on my way out of the toilets when I tried to pull up my jeans I literally tore them...I felt so humiliated even though I was all alone at home that I decided it was more than enough and I needed to pull myself together and start taking care of myself and my body again.
    So I took my phone and downloaded the Weight Watchers app..... This will be the subject of my next post!

    Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope I'll read your feedback soon! 

5 commentaires:

  1. Alright, just downloaded the WW app, waiting for next article ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love that epiphany. LOOOOOOVE it. Made me laugh but also, it's amazing to see how little trivia can sometimes lead to tremendous change. =)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I know right!? Changing sizes in shops didn't do it, seeing the numbers on the scale didn't do it but a stupid pair of jeans did! Crazy!

      Supprimer
  3. Ma paire de jeans préférés m'a fit ça aussi... La couture de l'entre-cuisses a fini par lâcher... Trop de gras à contenir dans un si petit bout de denim... X_x

    Merci de faire ce que tu fais à travers ce blog Mylène. Grâce à toi je me sens moins seule, et tu m'as redonné, il y a quelques mois, l'envie de reprendre possession de mon corps.

    RépondreSupprimer